The Council of the Village of Walnut Creek has approved a plan to
reopen the Compost (Yard Debris ) area effective May 2, 2009, with the following provisions:
· The days and hours of operation will be Saturday from 8:00 to 5:00 and Wednesday from 1:00 to 5:00. Special provisions may be made by contacting the Village office at 778-9687.
· Only residents/property owners of Walnut Creek will be allowed to drop off yard material (no contractors) and identification will be required.
· No tree limbs over 4 inches in diameter will be allowed. If you have a doubt about the size of your debris, a gauge is provided on site.
· Tree trunks, stumps, lumber and household trash including used appliances and household junk will not be permitted.
· Materials will be segregated into two areas: grass clippings and tree limbs.
· Surveillance by the Walnut Creek Police Department will be used to ensure compliance.
It will take the continued efforts of both Village staff as well as residents/property owners being responsible to keep the area operating at peak efficiency.
If residents/property owners witness violations of this policy, they may report the matter discretely to any of the Village staff. We solicit your feedback and stand ready to adjust the operation of the facility if necessary.
© 2017, The Village of Walnut Creek Designed by TLGD